This blog shows so far what I have learned during the first module of the Competency-based English Teaching Diplomado I'm studying in UABC, and how I have applied it in my teaching practice.
martes, 1 de noviembre de 2011
Making a video project in class
The unit was about the weather, the students are beginners. They learned the vocabulary, and to make it more meaningful, and related to their personal life, I thought about recording them speaking about a place they liked. They enjoyed making the video a lot!! And learning about the weather became easier to them because it got more exiting.
My objective with the students was that they start feeling comfortable speaking English, and to my surprise, they liked the challenge of speaking in front of a camera. As a matter of fact, it was them who suggested a video project in the first place, because the TextBook we use includes videos addressing each unit. So they wanted to do the same as the people they were watching. They've worked on 4 video projects so far. I notice they pay more attention to their performance when the camera is on, and try to say things better. When they watch themselves, they focus on how to improve their speech. I think I applied the "Meaningful learning" teaching principle, contextualizing the unit's vocabulary.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Diana,
ResponderEliminargreat project. Congrats! Did students reflect on their English, or their feelings about their work?
Looks like a successful project, i think i can use something like that in preschool, it would help me to practice language and self confidence.
ResponderEliminarEste comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
ResponderEliminarProfessor Gonzales, I moved the answer to your question from "Comments", and placed it above.
ResponderEliminar